We encourage members from the City of New London to join us, but we welcome any eager learners ages 9-13 in New London County.
- Whether signing up for classes or joining a team in order to participate you need to obtain, fill out, and return our contract.
- Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org for a copy of our contract.
- We emphasize Respect, Courtesy, Integrity and Empathy. We understand taking a class or being on a team is a blast, but it is also is a privilege and a responsibility.
- We encourage parental involvement and send out weekly emails to keep them up to date.
- Teams will be assigned by the coaches but we recommend new members bring a friend and join at the same time!
- Most members start when they are in 6th grade or eleven years old. Once assigned to a team, many members stay with their team until they age out at 14.
New team signups starting NOW!
Our 2020 - 2021 season meetings have been modified to accommodate COVID-19 precautions.
We follow FIRST teams posted Team Meetings with COVID-19 Restrictions guideline and CT CIAC and regional guidelines.
Meetings are held in-person based on the City of New London current COVID-19 attendance policies.
Southeastern CT Robotics COVID-19 Guidelines are reviewed and approved by parents before any team member can attend a meeting.
Our Robot table has a webcam for recording and sharing our best rounds. We hope to be able to post our Robot run webcam images to our website soon, as well. Check out our Facebook Page for the latest posts on member activities.
When the season teasers are released in April, we begin our background research into the worldwide problem being represented and start brainstorming ideas for innovative solutions to mitigate the problem. Teams meet with experts and go on a related field trip. There is a Mock Competition in October with outside judges to help us gauge our readiness.
In a typical season our Qualifier competition is in November and our State Competition is in December.